Back when I started the apron, my niece made me a special drawing that I had planned to turn into an embroidered pocket. That could not be skipped, so Mr. Apron (or is it a Ms?) waited patiently for another few months while I got myself together and made the pocket, thanks to another guild sew day. I save my problem projects for the sew days because good company helps me work on things that are being difficult.
|I tried out some fun stitches from the embroidery book "Doodle Stitching" by Aimée Ray|
Another month or so and I had the binding/neck strap hand stitched. The instructions call for hand stitching this, but I top stitched all of the other aprons. Honestly I only hand stitched this one because I was almost out of matching thread and I didn't think there was enough for top stitching. Note to self... it would have been waaaay faster to make a trip to Joann's and buy more thread.
Just when this poor guy thought he was finally done, I decided to do a little more adjustment. The gathered bust was a pretty good fit, but it was uniformly sized across. That make it kind of sag in a little lump in the center where there is no... curvature to push it out. Using my mad genius sewing skillz, I opened up the bottom of the apron and did a little cosmetic surgery. I effectively change the bust pattern piece like so: