Monday, April 23, 2012

Meet me at the Picnic

I'll bet you've seen the new Fat Quarter Idol contest on Sew, Mama Sew.  If not, go check it out!

I love love love my entry for the "Meet me at the picnic" round this week, so I thought I would share.  It's called "Dressed for the Picnic":

  1. Village Path Lilac - Little Folks Voile by Anna Maria Horner
  2. Eyelet Grey - Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt
  3. Pastry Line Lilac - Little Folks Voile by Anna Maria Horner
  4. Honeycomb Dot Yellow - Kei
  5. Grey - Essex Linen/Cotton Blend
  6. Susanna Sorbet Lawn - London Calling 2
  7. Slate 1336 - Kona Cotton
  8. Square Dance Dusk - Little Folks Voile by Anna Maria Horner
  9. Cailtin Sorbet Lawn - London Calling 2
  10. Four Square New Day - Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt
  11. Wind Flowers Stainless - Gypsy Caravan by Amy Butler
  12. Liv Stone - Cocoon by Valori Wells


I think it would give an interesting and textured result to use this pack for a quilt because only half of the bunch is quilting cotton and the rest is voiles, lawns, and linen/cotton blend.  I've mixed voiles and linen blends with quilting cotton before and heard of people (crazymomquilts & a few more) using the cotton lawns, so I'm itching to try this mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment