I bought the digital version of the Lily pattern yesterday:
|Image from coletterie.com|
After I finished preparing the pattern, I actually managed to squeak out my first muslin before heading to bed. This will be my third Colette pattern, and I think I need to get with the program and start cutting one size smaller. I cut the size that my measurements indicate, but I end up shaving off excess pretty much everywhere. I guess I just like my clothes without much ease.
I am planning to make this dress, sans pockets, for a June wedding. I just picked out this turquoise linen for it:
|European linen on fabric.com|
I've mocked it up on the lovely Colette model (mentally paste-ify the skin and enlarge the.. um... well, enlarge pretty much everywhere to envision it on me):
|Colette clearly should have made a sample in teal linen.|
And then of course I started browsing at the fabric store...
|Sunshine Linen Blend Gardenia White from Free Spirit via fabric.com|
|Bisou Stretch Mini Ruffle Knit Dark Grey via fabric.com|
And then I accidentally bought more fabric (those plus some others too). I was just testing out how they looked in my shopping cart when my finger slipped and I clicked "buy." Honestly, it's looking a little rough right now on the resolution front. Fabric purchases and new projects are cropping up left and right. So here's me saying that I'm definitely going to buckle down again - sometime real soon.