Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pattern Challenge

It's a big struggle for me to find clothes that fit me right, which is a shame because I think my body is awesome and just needs to be appropriately sheathed.  I want to make custom clothes so that they will fit well and look good.  I'm very fearful about trying to use patterns, though.  I don't know if it's just my lack of skills, or if it's that the patterns are actually as bad as I think, but it always seems like they have included about 1/4 of the instructions necessary to complete the project. So, to help keep me motivated, I'm joining Sarah's pattern challenge.  This has the side benefit of providing a group of people who are also struggling with wretched instructions and can give me sympathy...

So anyway, here are my goals:
Use this pattern to make a winter coat - probably like the white one with a different collar)

















Make Amy Butler's Liverpool pattern - not sure what length, as I have only ever seen pictures of the tunic length:

















To make the t-shirt corset from the Alabama Stitch Book:

















Aaand lastly to clear up some WIPs from my last burst of clothing making, I think all of them are half-made skirts.  First step is to go through and get a count of exactly what I have partially finished.

Man, looking at those pictures makes me want to start RIGHT NOW.  Especially on the t-shirt corset.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome goals! I love, love, love the coat! I may need to go out and buy that pattern now....can't wait to see how these go!!

    Sarah
    http://comeandseetheseitz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are all beautiful! Hope you have fun making them and that they turn out great. Take lots of pictures! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, you've picked some really great patterns! They're gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your goals and want to see your WIP skirts. :)

    Here are my (maybe too ambitious) goals: http://kristie-abovetheclouds.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the length of the red one.

    ReplyDelete