Friday, October 2, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 2

Blogtoberfest is so fun! I am enjoying reading about everyone's projects and getting new comments on my blog. :)

A few weeks ago I went to my parents' house and picked up my Mom's sewing things. (Tons of cool stuff... but that's for another post). One of the things I got was a bunch of satin and velvet leftovers from when Mom made all the bridesmaids dresses for my sister's wedding. Isn't that amazing? I don't know if I would want to commit to such a task. o.o

I figured I didn't have much use for them, and it might be nice for my sister to see them around and be reminded of her wedding, and Mom, and whatnot. I came up with the idea of making a little play skirt for her daughter Redhead. I used a weirdly shaped leftover piece of maroon velvet that was a bit less than a yard... should have taken a picture. I cut out the biggest rectangle patch that I could, then used the rest of it to make little gores around the bottom edge. I don't know exactly how you are supposed to sew in gores, so I just kind of made something up, and some of mine turned out pretty funky. Redhead is only 4, though, so what will she care?



I wanted to make the elastic right for her waist, but she wasn't around... so I used my leg. Yeah, just one. And not that high up, either. I spent the whole time I was sewing feeling jealous of a four-year-old's figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment